The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for a full-time position of Academic/Student Support Associate 3 for Student Records in the Student Services Department. The Academic/Student Support Associate will work in conjunction with Student Services, faculty and students.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
ATTN: Human Resources
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
High school diploma or equivalent required; graduate of Technical Business Program, graduation from a standard high school or post-secondary training in an appropriate field and evidence of experience to perform the work successfully.
- applying common sense furnished in written and oral form.
- Mathematical operations and understanding to carry out instructions, deal with problems, proficient in good reading, writing, and speaking.
- Knowledge of:
- Business English and arithmetic.
- Organizational rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to:
- Make arithmetic computation and tabulations accurately.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Evaluate situations and make decisions.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the students, the public, and other employees.
A.S. or B.S. preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of Banner System admissions and student record processes.
• Maintains confidentiality of student records in accordance with Privacy Rights Act and institutional policy, obtain authorization for release of information as needed.
• Update student records from grade submission, exit interview information, job placement data, etc.
• Check and verify accuracy of information as required.
• Review student records and verify all requirements for graduation are met.
• Prepare transcript for each student enrollment period.
• Review and verify student attendance records for completeness, accuracy and reporting purposes.
• Prepare and provide data reports for TBR and other outside agencies.
• Answers telephone and composes correspondence as required.
• Performs other work as assigned.