The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for a full-time Academic/Student Support Associate 3 in the Student Services Department.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of Technical Business Program, A.S. or B.S. preferred.
- Graduation from a standard high school or post-secondary training in an appropriate field and evidence of experience to perform the work successfully.
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently, preferred.
- Assist applicants in completing the online application for enrollment and FAFSA application for federal and state funds.
- Process applications, enrolling applicants, and conducting new student orientation.
- Provide general information to current and prospective students relative to career goals and financial aid programs.
- Assist in providing personal and group career goal guidance.
- Maintains contact with prospective applicants, school counselors, and sponsors by telephone and through written correspondence.
- Assist GED recipients and dual enrollment students with furthering their education through the college by counseling with them concerning career goals and financial aid options.
- Assist in recruiting efforts by calling interested applicants, sending e-mails, and attending career days at local high schools and civic centers.
- Performs other work as assigned.
- Business English,
- Organizational rules, regulations, and procedures,
- Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions,
- Evaluate situations and make decisions,
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the students, the public, and other employees.