The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for a part-time Sign Language Interpreter to provide services to hearing impaired student(s) during their vocational trainings and other communicational needs.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
ATTN: Human Resources
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
Fa x: 615-425-5582
TCAT Nashville Application can be found on TCATN’s website:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree Sign Language/Interpretation or a closely related field plus a minimum of one (1) years of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or directly relevant experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this position.
- Interpreters must be certified and main certification through the National Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf and/or the National Association of the Deaf, and/or otherwise qualified as determined by disability director or qualified through an independent assessment tool.
- Assists deaf and hard of hearing students in their communication with teachers, administrators and other students.
- Interprets instructions, announcements and general conversation for students.
- Teaches and interprets sign language for students, teachers and staff.
- Distributes, explains, assists with and collects classwork of deaf or hard of hearing students; reinforces classroom instruction as needed within the classroom environment.
- Provides guidance and communication assistance to students as needed between classes, during lunch and during extracurricular activities as necessary and as assigned.
- Maintains an open line of communication with School Administrators and Instructors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.