The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for a full-time Academic/Student Support Associate in the Student Services Department.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
E-Mail - email@example.com
Fax - 615-425-5582
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduation from a standard high school or post-secondary training in an appropriate field and evidence of experience to perform the work successfully.
- Knowledge of:
- o Business English,
- o Organizational rules, regulations, and procedures,
- o Modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to:
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions,
- Evaluate situations and make decisions,
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the students, the public, and other employees.
- Graduate of Technical Business Program, A.S. or B.S. preferred.
- Bilingual and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently, preferred.
Assist applicants in completing the online application for enrollment and FAFSA application for federal and state funds.
• Process applications, enrolling applicants, and conducting new student orientation.
• Provide general information to current and prospective students relative to career goals and financial aid programs.
• Assist in providing personal and group career goal guidance.
• Conduct annual survey of Veteran students to identify needs and get suggestions
• Provide information to faculty and staff about military and veteran culture.
• Administer orientation programs for students who are veterans.
• Develop outreach strategies for military bases located near the campus
• Create and maintain a process for the assessment of prior learning that grant academic credit to Veterans for transferable training and experience attained through military service.
• Provide a campus website with information to assist and support student Veterans.
• Maintains contact with prospective applicants, school counselors, and sponsors by telephone and through written correspondence.
• Assist prospective students with furthering their education through the college by counseling concerning career goals and financial aid options.
• Assist in recruiting efforts by calling interested applicants, sending e-mails, and attending career days at local high schools and civic centers.
• Performs other work as assigned.