The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for an Administrative Office Technology, Associate Instructor for the Portland Campus. This is a full-time position, Monday –Friday.
pplication Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Application Procedures: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and TCAT Nashville application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resources
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
- Two (2) years of teaching experience required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in Administrative Office Technology.
- Evidence of ability in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Must possess a complete and thorough knowledge of procedures and methods related to teaching.
- Willingness to remain current in the technological changes of the industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Education or related field from an accredited college or university in business technology or related field with emphasis in computer skills, preferred.Three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught beyond the normal learning period/generally 4 years.
- Microsoft certification in applications preferred.
- Teach all phases of the Administrative Office Technology curriculum in a post-secondary setting including accounting, administrative assistant, and medical administrative assistant.
- Participate in professional development activities as needed to remain current in the field and maintain an active advisory committee.
- Other duties include curriculum development, student recordkeeping, student recruitment, placement and follow-up of program graduates, and budgetingInstruct students from all programs in applied mathematics, graphic literacy, and workplace documents and report their progress to other instructors, (Tech Foundations).
- Ability to instruct general office procedures, data entry, business-related math, and English.