The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for the position of Associate Instructor for Advanced Manufacturing Program for the Portland Campus.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN Application to: Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
ATTN: Human Resources
100 White Bridge Road Nashville
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or its equivalent, technical diploma or higher degree in Electronics, Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Computer Engineering Technology or similar discipline.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in advanced manufacturing, mechatronics, engineering, process control or related field; classroom experience & appropriate administration experience in delivery of workforce education and training is preferred.
- Must possess extensive knowledge, skills, and experience to provide effective instruction in advanced manufacturing topics to include electronics; industrial electrical; industrial mechanical; process control and process automation; fluid power and controls; electrical power and controls; PLC's; HMI systems integration; and lean manufacturing processes.
- Strong customer service skills; as well, must possess effective oral and written communication skills; must have good organizational and planning skills.
- Be willing to learn and use individualized instructional techniques.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationship with students, faculty, staff and the general public.
- Be willing to maintain personal credentialing and certification as required.
- Must have effective ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs; audio/visual equipment and software; and working knowledge of maintaining student records and/or sensitive information.
- The candidate will be expected to have the ability to teach the curriculum of the Advanced Manufacturing Program.
- The candidate will possess the personality to get along with others, and a desire and willingness to work with students, including dual credit high school students.
- The candidate must also monitor, grade and evaluate the students’ progress, and maintain appropriate records and paperwork.