The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for an Automotive Technology Associate Instructor. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
APPLICATION REVIEW: Review of application submittals will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
- Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Post-secondary training in Automotive Technology.
- Evidence of ability to instruct all phases of automotive technology, prior teaching experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills to inspect troubleshoot, service, and repair domestic and import automotive systems utilizing safe and proper methods, techniques, practices, and equipment
- Associate Degree Preferred.
- Current ASE Master Technician Certification preferred.
1. Develop course of study and conduct training program in specialty area.
2. Confer with administration to gain knowledge and better understand changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
3. Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
4. Select or develop teaching aids, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference materials.
5. Test trainees to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of instruction.
6. Select or develop specifications for machines, equipment, and tools; maintain good physical conditions in classroom and/or shop.
7. Maintain student records and reports.
8. Responsible for student placement and assist with student follow-up.
9. Cooperate with outside agencies; work with program advisory committees; conduct visits to business and industry; establish and maintain good public relations with the school’s general public. 10. Participate in recruitment of students.
11. Instruct students in safety and practice good safety habits.
12. Supervise students that are participating in cooperative education.
13. Participate in professional development and growth annually.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.