The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for a full-time Instructor for the Building Construction Technology Program at the Nashville, TN, campus. This is a full-time position, Monday – Thursday, 6:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. This class is scheduled to start September 2021.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin IMMEDIATELY, and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge
Nashville, TN 37209
- A high school diploma or GED. Vocational or Technical School certification, training, or apprenticeship required.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
Vocational or Technical School certification, training, or apprenticeship required. Associate Degree preferred.
• Three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught beyond the normal learning period/generally 4 years. Teaching experience preferred.
• NCCER Instructor Certification preferred.
• Electrical and Plumbing, 3 to 5 years’ experience preferred.
- Develop course of study and conduct training program in electrical and plumbing specialty.
- Confer with administration to gain knowledge and better understand changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
- Select or develop teaching aids, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference materials.
- Test trainees to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of instruction.
- Select or develop specifications for machines, equipment, and tools; maintain good physical conditions in classroom and/or shop.
- Maintain student records and reports in Banner.
- Responsible for student placement and assist with student follow-up.
- Cooperate with outside agencies; work with program advisory committees; conduct visits to business and industry; establish and maintain good public relations with the school’s public.
- Participate in recruitment of students.
- Instruct students in safety and practice good safety habits.
- Supervise students that are participating in cooperative education.
- Participate in professional development and growth annually.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the President and Vice President of the college.