The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for the position of Associate Instructor for Computer Information Technology Program. This is a full-time day class, Monday – Friday. This position will be teaching at the TN Prison for Women. Start date for this position is July 1, 2020.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé, and TCATN Application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
ATTN: Human Resources
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, Tennessee 37209 Fax: 615-425-5582
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. Equivalency. Vocational or Technical School certification, training, or apprenticeship in Computer Information Systems required.
- Must possess a complete and thorough knowledge of procedures and methods related to teaching.
- Willingness to remain current in the technological changes of the industry.
- Shall possess skills and knowledge to teach principles and applications of Microsoft Office, and other related computer software.
- Possess good character, mature attitude, stable personality, and exhibit evidence of potential ability to instruct.
- Requires initiative and cooperation; i.e., to plan and organize work without close supervision; show initiative and perseverance in satisfying student and community needs; ability and possession a desire to interact with other
- Develop course of study and conduct training program in specialty area.
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
- Test trainees to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of instruction.
- Select or develop specifications for machines, equipment, and tools; maintain good physical conditions in classroom and/or shop.
- Maintain student records and reports.
- Responsible for student placement and assist with student follow-up.
- Cooperate with outside agencies; establish and maintain good public relations with the school’s general public.
- Instruct students in safety and practice good safety habits.
- Participate in professional development and growth annually.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the President and Vice President of the school