The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for the position of Associate Instructor for Computer Information Technology Program. This is a full-time day class, Monday – Thursday.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
TCAT Nashville Application
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. Equivalency. Vocational or Technical School certification, training, or apprenticeship in Computer Information Systems required.
- Three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught beyond the normal learning period/generally 4 years.
- Must possess a complete and thorough knowledge of procedures and methods related to teaching.
- Willingness to remain current in the technological changes of the industry.
- Shall possess skills and knowledge to teach principles and applications of Microsoft Office, CompTIA, A+, Network +, Security +, and other related computer software.
- Possess good character, mature attitude, stable personality, and exhibit evidence of potential ability to instruct.
- Requires initiative and cooperation, i.e., to plan and organize work without close supervision; show initiative and perseverance in satisfying student and community needs; ability and possession a desire to interact with other faculty, staff, and students.
- Possess good organizational, mathematical, language, writing, and communication skills.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred
- Develop course of study and conduct training program in specialtyarea.
- Select or develop teaching aids, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and referencematerials.
- Test trainees to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness ofinstruction.
- Maintain student records andreports.
- Responsible for student placement and assist with studentfollow-up.
- Cooperate with outside agencies; establish and maintain good public relations with the school’s generalpublic.
- Instruct students in safety and practice good safetyhabits.
- Participate in professional development and growth annually.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the President and Vice President of the school.