Job TitleCoordinator 3 – Portland/Springfield
Responsible for daily oversight of campuses in Portland, TN and Springfield, TN. This position leads recruitment and retention efforts, proactively establishes positive relationships with community organizations and industry partners, engages with secondary partners, and provides direct student counseling.
Direct supervision received from: Enrollment Services Coordinator
Functional supervision received from: TCAT Nashville President
Supervision provided to: Student, Faculty, & Support Staff
602 South Broadway
Hours: Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
TCAT Nashville Application
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial aid policies and guidelines.
- Ability to counsel and provide high quality customer service to currently enrolled and prospective
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective administrator.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude, and stable personality.
- Prior experience working in or with a clock hour-driven technical education environment is a plus.
- Leadership skills, excellent communicator, and a work ethic that aligns with the expectations of the President.
- Post-Secondary Experience preferred.
- Knowledge of TCAT, TBR, state and federal procedures preferred.
- Three to five years of progressive management/administrative experience within a higher education admissions department, significant experience in student recruitment and retention efforts, and pre/post-enrollment advising preferred.
- Must possess exemplary computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Banner experience preferred.
- The Coordinator at Portland/Springfield reports to the President and is responsible for the oversite and administration of the Portland and Springfield campus.
- In addition, this position compiles, maintains, and submits reports as mandated by the Department of Education, State Agencies, Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) and Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- Works extra hours as needed to cover college events and is an integral part of the team.
- This position requires interpretation and problem-solving skills.
- concerning a variety of practical problems.
- Must be proficient in mathematical operations and possess good language and communications skills. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite software.
- Develops, administers, and reports research on entering and enrolled students.
- Leads in COE accreditation efforts for Sumner and Robertson County programs.
- Assist with budgets for Portland and Springfield.
- Maintains retention program and increase enrollment.
- Oversees the daily operations of the programs.
- Processes and manages Dual Enrollment for the Middle College, Sumner, and Robertson County students.
- Supervises and evaluates faculty and support staff of assigned programs.
- Approves faculty and support staff leave and coordinates coverage.
- Participates in student services office decision-making, planning, and office policies and procedures.
- Counsels and assists students as needed.
- Develops and leads all programs in Portland and Springfield.
- Develops and manages dual enrollment programs.
- Acts as liaison between instructors, students, and employees.
- Evaluates and recommends changes with the program offerings.
- Communicates with students regarding financial aid and related matters.
- Develops, evaluates, and monitors program curriculum.
- Assists in program certifications.
- Assists with graduation activities.
- Coordinates and investigates student complaints.
- Assists with SkillsUSA.
- Other duties as assigned by President.