The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville (TCATN) is accepting applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor in the evening Cosmetology Program at the Nashville campus. This is a part-time position, Monday through Thursday, 3:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
TCAT Nashville Application
- Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent required, must have a post-secondary training in Cosmetology, an Associate Degree preferred.
- Formal instruction from an approved School of Cosmetology required.
- Candidate must have an active Tennessee license as a Cosmetology Instructor and a minimum of three years of successful employment as a licensed Cosmetologist.
- The successful candidate must also be able to teach all phases of cosmetology.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills and be able to relate to students and the public.
- Computer skills required.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- The Cosmetology Instructor is responsible for teaching all phases of the Cosmetology program to include sterilization, sanitation, and bacteriology; shampooing, rinsing and styling; hair and scalp care; manicuring and nail care; hair shaping; permanent waving; facials, arching, lash and brow tinting; hair coloring, bleaching, toning and lightening; anatomy, physiology, and chemistry; shop ethics, interpersonal skills, and sales; Tennessee Cosmetology Law; finger waving and pin curls; blow drying and curling irons; permanent waving; hair relaxing; dispensing supplies and desk operations; and computer salon applications.
- Must be able to coordinate practical experiences and manage patron services.
- Candidate must participate in professional development activities as needed to learn new techniques and trends in the industry.
- Other duties include curriculum development, student recordkeeping, student recruitment, placement and follow-up of program graduates, and budgeting.