Job TitleFinancial Aid Support Associate
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for the full-time position of Financial Aid Support Associate. The Financial Aid Support Associate will work in conjunction with the Financial Aid Service Center of the Tennessee Board of Regents to administer, process and disburse all federal and state financial aid programs, veterans’ education benefits and third-party student aid programs.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
ATTN: Human Resources
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
• Associate Degree in a related field from an accredited institution. A comparable combination of education and related employment experience may be considered.
• Minimum of five (5) years of full-time experience in accounting or financial processes within the last seven (7) years; financial aid experience preferred.
• Ability to deal tactfully with the public and co-workers.
• Ability to communicate well on a functional level in both written and verbal form.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Duties of the Financial Aid Support Associate include, but are not limited to:
• Verification and documentation of student eligibility for aid program.
• Calculation and entry of student awards in online student information management system.
• Counseling current and prospective students regarding all aspects of financial aid programs and third-party student aid programs.
• Serving as School Certifying Official for veterans’ benefit programs.
• Coordination of work study employment and annual work study budget preparation.
• Reviewing and verifying student eligibility each term for all aid programs.
• Assisting with recruitment activities
Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize projects, attend to multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of and/or ability to read and accurately interpret state, federal and institutional policies, and guidelines.
• Strong math skills required.
• Ability to work independently and as part of team.
• Strong computer skills utilizing a wide variety of software applications including, but not limited to databases, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, etc.
• Willingness to remain current in regulations and polices relating to financial aid programs.
• Working knowledge of Ellucian Banner and federal/state financial aid programs a plus