Job TitleFinancial Support Associate 2
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for a Financial Support Associate 2, in the Business Office, located at the Nashville Campus.
This is a full-time position with the following work hours for a 37.5-hour work week: Monday 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.-Tuesday- Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; with Fridays off.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
TCAT Nashville Application
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high school or equivalent. Experience in increasingly responsible office work involving bookkeeping and accounting principles.
1. One-year experience cash handling. clerical, and customer service skills.
2. Positive, helpful attitude toward customers, including the ability to speak clearly and convey information accurately.
3. Knowledge of principles and methods of bookkeeping.
4. Knowledge of the application of bookkeeping principles to routine transactions.
5. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the students, the public, and other employees.
6. Ability to make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
7. Ability to lift boxes (20 lbs.) in the receiving area.
1. Cashier for the Business Office which includes collection of money for tuition payments, live works, testing, student IDs, bookstore, etc.
2. Post entries in Banner and QuickBooks of all money collected and close cashier session daily.
3. Prepare daily bank deposit that includes reconciling every transaction daily.
4. Reconcile the credit cards reports on a monthly basis, send report to TBR, and keep the logbooks updated.
5. Assist with receiving merchandise purchased for the campus.
6. Reconcile bank balances and other financial statements.
7. Assist with accounts receivable functions.
8. Operate independently and with only limited direction from above in an office involved in clerical accounting tasks.
9. Assist with any campus event such as Registration, Spring Fling, Fall Fest, COE, Skills USA, etc.
10. Perform other work as assigned.