The Financial Support Associate 5 in the Business Office is responsible for work performed in a variety of business office tasks including technical/clerical tasks as needed, accounts receivable, and recording deposits of funds.Work Hours 7:30 – 4:00, Monday through Friday
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
TCAT Nashville Application
1. Technical diploma in a related field. Related associate degree from an accredited institution preferred.
2. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping or financial processes within the last seven (7) years.
3. Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize projects, attend to multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment.
4. Ability to read and accurately interpret policies, guidelines, instructions and information.
5. Ability to tactfully communicate with employees and the public at all levels.
6. Strong math skills required.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
8. Strong computer skills utilizing a wide variety of software applications including, but not limited to: databases, spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail, etc.
9. Working knowledge of Ellucian Banner a plus.
10. Strength requirements (physical demands) - Mental and Visual Demand:
a. Sedentary work involves sitting some of the time; involves mobile accessibility to entire school.
b. Requires mental and visual attention to detail.
c. Must be able to operate a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
1. Perform general office duties: type and proof correspondence, reports, tables, charts, and other business materials as needed; make copies, assemble, collate, staple or bind materials, and file as needed.
2. Display a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operate efficiently within the organizational structure; demonstrate trustworthiness and responsible behavior. Handles multiple tasks and persons simultaneously.
3. Meet with students, as needed, to review account/scholarship status and set up Promise to Pay conditions.
4. Prepare and balance all accounts receivable.
5. Post and balance expense and agency accounts.
6. Prepare various reports to be submitted to the Service Center.
7. Code ACH deposits from US Bank into Banner.
8. Monitor returned checks, bad debt tracking, and holds in Banner.
9. Communicate with all levels of institutional departments, interacting with faculty, staff, and TBR to obtain or provide information in a professional manner.
10. Process student exit workflows to calculate refund amounts and third-party refunds. If required, order refund checks once verified.
11. Enter payment and accounts receivable information on student accounts in Banner.
12. Serve as back-up cashier as needed.
13. Assist with maintaining office supply inventory; order supplies as needed.
14. May oversee or check work of student workers.
15. Some travel may be required.
16. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or administration.