The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for a full-time Instructor for the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC/R) Program at the Nashville, TN campus. This is a full-time position, Monday – Thursday, 6:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. This class is scheduled to start September 2021.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
- A high school diploma.
- Vocational or Technical School certification, training, or apprenticeship required.
- Three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught beyond the normal learning period/generally 4 years.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Must possess a complete and thorough knowledge of procedures and methods related to teaching.
- Willingness to remain current in the technological changes of the industry.
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
- Select or develop teaching aids, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference materials.
- Must possess skills and knowledge to teach the theory and application in all phases of the HVAC/R program.
- Possess good character, mature attitude, stable personality, and exhibit evidence of potential ability to instruct.
- Requires initiative and cooperation, i.e., to plan and organize work without close supervision; show initiative and perseverance in satisfying student and community needs; ability and possess a desire to interact with other faculty, staff and students.
- Maintain student records and reports in Banner.
- Possess good organizational, mathematical, language, writing, and communication skills.
- Performs other work as assigned by the President and Vice President of the college.