The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for a part-time Instructor for the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC/R) Program at the Nashville, TN campus. This is a part-time evening position, Monday – Thursday, 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
TCAT Nashville Application
- A high school diploma.
- Vocational or Technical School certification, training, or apprenticeship required.
- Three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught beyond the normal learning period/generally 4 years.
- Teaching experience preferred.
Under direct supervision of the Vice President and President to perform the duties required as an Associate Instructor of the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Technology program.
• Must possess a complete and thorough knowledge of procedures and methods related to teaching.
• Willingness to remain current in the technological changes of the industry.
• Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
• Select or develop teaching aids, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference materials.
• Must possess skills and knowledge to teach the theory and application in all phases of the HVAC/R program.
• Possess good character, mature attitude, stable personality, and exhibit evidence of potential ability to instruct.
• Requires initiative and cooperation, i.e., to plan and organize work without close supervision; show initiative and perseverance in satisfying student and community needs; ability and possess a desire to interact with other faculty, staff and students.
• Maintain student records and reports in Banner.
• Possess good organizational, mathematical, language, writing, and communication skills.
• Performs other work as assigned by the President and Vice President of the college.