Job TitleInstructor-Diesel Powered Equipment
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for the position of Instructor for the Diesel Powered Equipment program.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary is based on education, experience, and in accordance with salary guidelines of the institution.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
Fax: (615) 425-5582
TCAT Nashville Application can be found on TCATN’s website:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the diesel field.
- Must possess a high degree of knowledge of all areas involved in the diesel field to include heavy equipment and farm machinery.
- Must possess a current Master ASE Medium/Heavy Duty Truck Certification or the ability to become certified within twelve (12) calendar months.
- Must commit to remain Master Certified and maintain program accreditation.
- ASE Certification in Automotive Technology a plus.
- Strong hands-on technical background in preventative maintenance, diesel engines, electrical/electronics, brakes, drive train, suspension and steering, and heating-ventilation and air-conditioning.
- Must possess the organizational and communications skills necessary to be an effective teacher and to interact with high school and adult students.
- Must show evidence of good character, mature attitude and stable personality.
- Must possess computer skills.
- Associates Degree preferred or equivalent higher education training with credentials in related field.
- Prior teaching or evidence of ability to teach students a plus.
- Provide individualized classroom and lab instruction to high school and adult students to prepare them to become Diesel Powered Equipment Technicians.
- Monitor, grade, and evaluate individual students’ progress.
- Maintain appropriate records and submit timely reports.
- Assist in recruitment and placement of students.