The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for a part-time, adjunct instructor to teach prerequisite courses for the Practical Nursing Program. This is a part-time position; the candidate must pass a background check. The practical nursing prerequisite instructor, is under the direction of the program coordinator.
Office Location(s): 602 South Broadway; Portland, TN 37148
Hours: 6:30 – 4:00, Monday – Thursday (28 hours per week)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
TCAT Nashville Application
- Candidate must possess an associate degree in nursing.
- Must hold a current Registered Nursing license in the State of Tennessee.
- Minimum of three years recent work experience in patient care nursing at the R.N. level required.
- Must possess the communication skills necessary to be an effective teacher. Must show evidence of good character, organizational skills, and mature attitude.
- Must be willing to remain current in the nursing profession.
- B.S.N. degree is preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Develop courses of study and conduct training program
- Confer with administration to gain knowledge and better understand changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
- Select or develop teaching aids, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference materials.
- Maintain student records and reports.