Job TitlePractical Nursing Instructor (Full Time)
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for a Practical Nursing Instructor for the Portland Campus. This is a full-time position, Monday – Thursday.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
- Associate Degree in Nursing required.
- Must hold active licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Tennessee.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught beyond the normal learning period.
- Must have at least three years current clinical experience.
- BSN preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Develop course of study and conduct training program in specialty area.
- Confer with administration to gain knowledge and better understand changes in policies, procedures, and technologies.
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specific training needs and effectiveness of such methods as individualized and group instruction, lecture, demonstration, and conference.
- Select or develop teaching aids, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference materials.
- Maintain student records and reports.
- Responsible for student placement and assist with student follow-up.
- Cooperate with outside agencies; work with program advisory committees; conduct visits to business and industry; establish and maintain good public relations with the school’s general public.
- Participate in recruitment of students.
- Supervise student’s clinical experiences as scheduled.
- Actively seek potential clinical sites for the provision of clinical training.