The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville is accepting applications for a full-time Instructor for the Welding Program at the Portland, TN campus. This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. This class is scheduled to start September 2021.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until position is filled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, résumé and TCATN application to:
Tennessee College of Applied Technology Nashville
Attn: Human Resource Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
- A high school diploma.
- Vocational or Technical School certification, training or apprenticeship required.
- Two (2) years of successful recent employment experience in the specialty area to be taught beyond the normal learning period/generally 4 years.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Must possess a complete and thorough knowledge of procedures and methods related to teaching.
- Willingness to remain current in the technological changes of the industry.
- Must possess skills and knowledge to teach the theory and application in all phases of the Welding program including but not limited to oxyacetylene welding, cutting, brazing, soldering and silver soldering, shielded metal arc welding in all positions with all type of joints and different type of electrodes, TIG and MIG welding.
- • Possess good character, mature attitude, stable personality, and exhibit evidence of potential ability to instruct.
- Requires initiative and cooperation, i.e., to plan and organize work without close supervision; show initiative and perseverance in satisfying student and community needs; ability and possess a desire to interact with other faculty, staff and students.
- Maintain student records and reports in Banner.
- Possess good organizational, mathematical, language, writing and communication skills.
- Performs other work as assigned by the President and Vice President of the college.