How to Apply
- Pick a program of study
- Download and complete the TCAT Application for Enrollment
- Some programs of study require additional application documents. Download, complete and submit any required documents listed under the programs of study below
- Contact your physician and obtain your proof of vaccination letter
- Applicants born on or after Jan. 1, 1957, must submit proof of MMR (mumps, measles, rubella) vaccination
- Applicants born on or after Jan. 1, 1980, must submit proof of varicella (chicken pox) vaccination
Submit your application, program-specific application materials (if required), and vaccination letter to the Student Services Office at the address listed below
- Request official transcripts of education from high school, high-school equivalency or other colleges and universities
High school transcripts are available from your high school's counseling office
College and University transcripts are available at the insitutiton's records office
Official GED and HiSET requests can be obtained at https://www.diplomasender.com for the following states: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming
If you have foreign transcripts you will need to provide an English translated version of your transcript and have your education evaluated through the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). The website for NACES can be found at: www.naces.org. We will need the English translated version of your transcripts to complete admissions requirements
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online, if applying for financial aid (this is required for TN Promise scholarship and the Wilder Naifeh grant)
TCAT Nashville Student Services Office
100 White Bridge Road
Nashville, Tennessee 37209
General Admission Requirements
- Program enrollment is based on a first-come, first-served basis by date of completed application. (A completed application includes all items required for enrollment.)
- Persons seeking admission to a college must be at least 18 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent. For full-time programs, the applicant must declare an occupational objective and demonstrate reasonable potential for achieving that objective.
- All persons who are required to register for the Federal Draft under 50 U.S.C. App. Section 453 are not eligible to enroll in any post-secondary school until they have registered with selective service.
Program-Specific Admission Requirements
Educational and admission requirements vary from program to program.
21 years of age; D.O.T. medical exam; negative drug screening test, which is taken with 24 hours of payment. Current Moving Violation Record from Department of Safety (student can have no more than three speeding violations and/or accidents for the past three years and no alcohol or drug-related convictions in the last five years). Be a resident of TN; hold a valid state of TN drivers license; obtain a commercial drivers license permit (DPA). Attend an orientation session and pre-qualification session. Payment for drug screen test wil be made on the day of orientation.
Early Childhood Education
Regular high school diploma or GED required to be eligible for the CDA assessment/Early Childhood Education program.
Ten high school credits or GED score of 450.
Regular high school diploma or GED; Proof of immunity to MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B. Negative TB test (two step method); provide proof of Tetanus shot, flu shot, and physical examination; CPR (BLS for adults); background check and drug screen.
For pre-requisite information, please visit https://tcatnashville.edu/sites/tcatnashville.edu/files/supplies-lists/Phlebotomy%20Program%20%20-%20September%202017.pdf.
Please contact Vickey Myatt at (615) 425-5533 or Vickey.Myatt@tcatnashville.edu with any questions regarding the Phlebotomy program.
Dental Lab Technology
Regular high school diploma or GED; Proof of immunity to MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B. Negative TB test (two step method);CPR for healthcare providers; background check; provide proof of Tetanus shot, flu shot, and physical examination.
For pre-requisite information, please visit https://tcatnashville.edu/sites/tcatnashville.edu/files/supplies-lists/Medical%20Assisting%20Program%20-%20September%202017.pdf.
Please contact Vickey Myatt at (615) 425-5533 or Vickey.Myatt@tcatnashville.edu with any questions regarding the Medical Assistant program.
NEXT CLASS – September 2017 (Pre-requisites) Only
Prior to receiving an application for the January 2018 Practical Nursing program, applicants are required to take and pass the pre-requisites of Anatomy & Physiology and Dosage Calculations.
The pre-requisites will be offered during the fall term, September 2017. Upon successfully passing the pre-requisites, applicants will receive an application packet for the January 2018 Practical Nursing program.
The first step to apply is to attend an Information Session. It is mandatory that you attend one of the following sessions to be eligible to enroll in the pre-requisites courses. The session will last approximately one hour. The following dates are available:
Thursday, May 18, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m.
Thursday, June 15, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m.
Monday, July 17, 2017 @ 10:00 a.m.
During the session, we will discuss class schedules for pre-requisites, pre-registration dates, fees, and other vital information pertaining to the Practical Nursing program.
The session will be held in the Douglas Henry Building, Room 229/231. Parking is available in the back of the campus. Please do not park in faculty/staff or visitor parking.
Due to new construction on our campus, parking is limited. We have a designated area for overflow parking at Nashville State Community College. The parking lot designated for our campus is located in the far back corner of their parking lot. Please do not park in any other area than what is designated for TCAT Nashville.
Please contact Vickey Myatt at Vickey.Myatt@tcatnashville.edu with any questions regarding the Practical Nursing program.
Advanced Manufacturing Technology
Supplemental training certificates may be given for specialized industry training. The individual training programs will determine supplemental certificate requirements.
Be at least 18 years of age. Proof of MMR and Varicella Immunizations. GED or High School Diploma;
For pre-requisite information, please visit https://tcatnashville.edu/sites/tcatnashville.edu/files/supplies-lists/Dental%20Assisting%20Program%20-%20September%202017.pdf.
Please contact Vickey Myatt at (615) 425-5533 or Vickey.Myatt@tcatnashville.edu with any questions regarding the Dental Assisting program.
Ten high school credits or GED score of 450.